Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Quick Book Thought about Nicholas St. North and the Battle of the Nightmare King


I just finished Nicholas St. North and the Battle of the Nightmare King.
I enjoyed the book. The beginning reminded me of The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus by L. Frank Baum; with the moonbeams and nature creatures being characters. I was worried it was going to be too "Fantasy" for me (I don't care for epic fantasy type books). But it was more on the lines of a fable/fantasy/ prequel.  Kind of like Dave Barry & Ridley Pearson's Peter and the Starcatchers, which is a prequel for Peter Pan, this is a very different interpretation of origins of St. Nicholas.
The Book is actually a quick read that tells of Nicholas St. North a great thief, who helps protect a village against the evil Pitch aka, the Nightmare King and ends with Nicholas' adventures being continued.  This is the first in a book series by William Joyce called the Guardians of Childhood. The next book is called E. Aster Bunnymund and the Battle of the Warrior Eggs.
 I look forward to reading more in the series.  If you would like more information on the series, you can go to the Guardians of Childhood website. And you can buy Nicholas St. North and the Battle of the Nightmare King on Amazon or where fine books are sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment